1) Choose the noun from the sentence below.
James went to the beach.
2) Choose the verb from the sentence below.
On Tuesday, the boys will play baseball at the stadium for the championship game.
3) Choose the noun from the sentence below.
The girl ran across the large playground.
4) Choose the verb from the sentence below.
The funny clown smiled at the circus crowd.
A. Funny clown
5) Choose the verb from the sentence below.
Rob and Ally walk to the park on Tuesday mornings.
A. Rob and Ally
6) “The WHISTLE is an important item for an instructor to have.” – In this sentence WHISTLE is a NOUN. Choose the sentence below in which WHISTLE is a VERB.
A. I whistle and the dog comes running.
B. I was hampered in my training as my whistle was broken
C. He asked, “if your whistle is broken how will you train?”
D. The broken whistle hampered my training
7) Choose the noun from the sentence below.
Run, run, run as fast as you can Gingerbread man.
C. Gingerbread man
8) “My father presented me with an expensive WATCH.” – In this sentence WATCH is a NOUN. Choose the sentence below in which WATCH is a VERB.
A. The watch presented by my father was an expensive one.
B. I did not imagine the watch could be so expensive.
C. The expensive watch was a good present from my father.
D. Please watch the presentation ceremony.
A. He was able to sail through despite the storm.
B. The sail on the boat held up despite the storm
C. There was a tear on the sail and the boat slowed down.
D. A bird ripped the sail and damaged it.
A. My mother was unhappy that I broke the promise I gave her
B. The promise I gave my mother was broken.
C. I promise my mother that I will be a good boy.
D. I broke the promise I had given my mother.