1) If you need anything just _____ _____ _____.
A. Let me know
B. To care for
C. To care about
D. To get on
E. To get scared
2) I __________ the most beautiful ornament from my grandparents as a christmas gift.
A. To give
B. As a matter of fact
3) Choose the word group that relates to computers:
A. Karate, violence, scared, system, face, grin
B. Taxi, cab, fare, to rob, all over, mistake, voice
C. Passenger, runway, gate, flight, boarding pass
D. Shortcut, screen saver, wireless, firewall, hacker, attachment, security, system
E. None of the above
4) The following sentence has grammer errors. Choose the option that makes the sentence correct: I likes me some icecream because it tasted so good.
A. I likes icecream is good.
B. I like icecreams it is very so good.
C. I like is me icecream it is so very good.
D. I like icecream because it tastes good.
E. Good taste is my icecreams very so.
5) I am not sure how to get to the party so I will ______________ Billy.
6) Pick the word group that describes a “pet name” or “term of enderrment” used to speak to or about somone you really care about:
A. Director, channel, program
B. Communication, satelite dish, cancel
C. To shout, sorry, to sleep on the couch
D. Law, judge, detective
E. Honey, darling, sweetheart
7) What tense is the following sentence: I recived an invitation in the mail.
D. None of the above
8) Fill in the Blank: To steal, ___________, stolen
9) I would like to show my _______________ by paying for dinner. Thank you again for your support.
10) This word means to raise your voice:
11) The word “violence” can be best be described by:
A. WWE World Wrestling Federation
B. Shore Traffic on the Expressway
C. Physical action that harms another
D. The result of over exposure to country music
E. Being nice to somone
12) The word “Punctuality” means:
A. I get there when I get there, there’s no rush
B. No reservation required, I’m free to arrive when I please
C. To be on time, arrive as scheduled
D. If I’m early I get free food
E. The things that come at the end of sentence .?!
13) Choose the phrase that would describe a relationship between two people that are not related but are “close”:
A. So am I
B. I like water
C. She would do that
D. I am his friend
E. He met the president
14) If there is a quicker way to do something or way to eliminate steps in a process it is called a:
D. Screen saver
15) ______________ wakes up first should put on the coffee.
A. The owner
C. So Can I
D. He will
16) I was late sending my nephews gift so I sent it ___________, so that it would arrive on time.
A. Via the Pony Express
B. In a big brown box
C. Express Mail
D. It was a toy car
E. Wrapped in lots of bubble wrap
17) All but one of the following word groups have something in common. Choose the word group that does not belong (does not have a theme):
A. Taxi, cab, fare
B. Sunburn, suntan, pale
C. TV set, satellite dish, channel
D. Law, judge, court
E. Shortcut, sunburn, suprise
18) Skydiving, Bungy Jumping and Water Skiing are _________ ____________.
A. Activities, exciting
B. Physical, immediatley
C. Limited, to rent
D. Car crash, insurance
E. Dangerous, sports
19) Choose the word that is the past tense of “to build”
B. Built it
E. Gonna build it
20) This word means: local, primary, or orginating from
21) A paragraph is
A. A serious of words on a piece of paper.
B. Something that tells you something.
C. Two to five pages long, typed and double spaced.
D. A series of sentences that have a unified thought.
E. The little yellow book with all the awnsers.
22) What part of speech is “to hold”
C. Have it one’s hand
23) Verbs describe:
24) The phrase “back packing trip” means:
A. Planning a trip that centers around the contents of my back pack.
B. Using only maps and snacks that are in my back pack on a trip.
C. A trip that is simplistic and the only luggage is a back pack.
D. A school trip with young children.
E. It’s the name of a movie with the guy from Saturday Night Live.
25) Due to ____________ our prices will increase 4% next month.
C. All of above