1) I was so excited when I recieved the _____________ to the wedding.
B. To be reminded
2) Q: Jill, who’s book is that? A: I don’t know it doesn’t _______ to me.
A. Hold on
B. Let me know
D. Let me see
3) The senator made a lot of _________ during his campaign.
4) Communication is: (choose the most complete answer)
A. Going to a party
B. Screaming at my husband as I run out the door
C. Talking, writing, listening or some how expressing something to another person
E. That thing that the red hot chilli peppers sing about
5) It is sometimes difficult to practice my English with a person who’s ________ language is English. I get so nervous that I forget everything I know.
6) To belong, belonging belonged. Which word is in the past tense?
A. To belong
7) I am so forgetful. I constantly need __________ to do things. I think I need an electronic calendar.
A. To be reminded
8) I am flying to Miami tomorrow. I hope that I remember my _______ and that there is not a very long ________.
A. Boarding pass, subsitute
B. Runaway, line
C. Customs, line
D. Baording pass, line
E. To board, line
9) Describe what it means to demonstrate or “put forth” effort:
10) I feel _________ by Martin Luther King, Jr’s work.
E. Boarding pass
11) Tell me in your own words what the following word means: violence
12) ______ way through the soccer game they put in a ________ because the kicker was injured.
A. Missed, director
B. Mid, substitute
C. Online, channel
D. Online, substitute
E. Mid, online
13) _________ of the reason ____________ is expected, when you are late is disrupts the class.
A. Let me know, successfull
B. Valuable, let me know
C. Regardless, successfull
D. Valuable, punctuality
E. Regardless, punctuality
14) Using one form of the following very make a sentence that shows me you understand the meaning of the word and how to use it correctly: To follow, following, followed.
15) As soon as the the ferris wheel started I wanted ____________.
A. To get on
B. To get off
C. TV set
D. To belong
E. To shout